Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Challenge #2- Let's Spice Things Up

Good Job yesterday! And for those of you that weren't able to drink only tap water yesterday...good luck today. Don't forget to make a comment on the specific task when you have completed it so I can give you your points.

Now, for your next challenge...

It's 4:00pm. You need to feed your crew-or yourself. You are quickly making a grocery list and notice the recipe calls for a few different spices.
Do you have those spices?
You don't know & you have NO time to search through your chaotic cupboard.
So what comes? You buy more spices at the store only to later discover you already have 2 jars of dried basil. Nuts!
Could there possibly be a solution? Complete this task & you'll have the answer.
CHALLENGE #2: Today let's organize your spices & extracts by making a list of what you have. Doing this will help you AVOID buying unnecessary items.....and it will make your life a pinch easier. If you already have a spicy log, your challenge today is to make a log of your soups. I find that I have multiple cans of soup, & yes it's nice to have them on hand, but it'd be nice to know what's there.
If you complete your log of either spices/extracts OR soups, you will earn your lucky self
3 POINTS today!!!

6 comments:

Amber Slouf said...

The tap water wasn't hard for me. I have been doing this for a while. The only problem I had was when we went out for dinner. There is no such thing as tap water at a restuarant you have to order a bottle, so I hope that I will not be penalized for this! Ambs

Amber Slouf said...

Spices and soups check! ambs

Grammy and Papa Dan said...

Dad, Jake & I all completed challenge #1. I have a hard time drinking plain water but I DID IT!! I think some organization skills would be nice for me. I was just telling Dad at the store, "Are you sure we have some tomato soup?" He said he thought so (we did), but I do end up buying multiple things, so good idea!!

Lisa Hansen said...

Done, spices are organized alphabetically on an always visible shelf (I didn't need to do anything there) and I rarely cook with soup so I buy it as I go, however, I do have one can of cream of chicken in the cupboard. Now it's noted. Lisa

Amanda said...

I've got all my soups organized in food storage, but I'll get on the spices thing today. I also have some of those in food storage, but I'm not quite sure what, so I'll make a note of that too.

Grammy and Papa Dan said...

I organized my spices. There were a lot of duplicates that both had been opened. I condensed it down & was able to make a little room in the cupboard. Dad organized the garage & sad that for sure has to count. It has inspired us to organize the pantry & keep a list of things we have in there & then downstairs. Thanks