Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Challenge: Make a change!

Okay, hopefully you successfully wrote down all those bills! Now one to the saving part of that challenge.

I want you to go through each bill trying to find a way to lower it. I realize that some of your fixed costs are exactly that, fixed. However, there are also changes that could be made to some I am sure. This is first to make sure you are aware of everything you are being charged for. Second, it is to shave off any extras that you might not need, i.e. a text message plan if you don't text, internet on the phone that you might not need, a bigger garbage can (maybe this is just CA), all the added home phone features, 200 of the 800 channels you have (I know, if you want any good ones you have to have 800, but maybe all you want is packaged with 600 instead), I could go on and on. So take a good, hard look and see if there is anything you can save on.

As times get tough, wouldn't you rather cut the small stuff to help save the big stuff?? (Or in our case to save FOR the big stuff :))

Here is your incentive:
Checking all your bills: 10 points
Every bill you lower (by any amount): 25 points-EACH!!!!

Now for some inspiration people:

Recently, I heard a talk about debt. It was very good. One of the main points reminded me of our game. It was mentioned that debt comes by acquiring possessions. Our control over that comes down to Pride vs. Humility.

Just something to think about.

No comments: