Quicky shower that is! You bet people. Water may not be too expensive but if we make a habit of taking a shorter shower, it'll save us in the end. I am guessing most of you have already showered today because you are an hour ahead of me and a little more on top of it than I am so I will give you Friday and Saturday to complete the challenge. In fact, I will give you points for each if you do it BOTH days. Here's the deal.
No shower=0 points- we don't want any stinky people :)
1 min. shower= 5 pts
2 min shower= 4 pts
3 min shower= 3 pts
4 min shower= 2 pts
5-7 min shower= 1 pt
8 min or more shower= 0 pts
How quick can you lather? Good luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
This is going to be a tough one. We just put in a tankless water heater which means our water never gets cold. So we save in gas but not in water. I guess it's time to get in while it's warming up. That'll make me move fast... We'll let you know how it goes.
So I still haven't taken a shower yet today. Does that mean I get points for doing it Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I'm going to need it. Showers are really hard for me. Plus, I don't think this one is as fair. The guys don't have as much hair to wash. It takes at least a minute just to wash my hair, plus you're supposed to leave your conditioner in for 2-3 minutes. What if I turn off the water while I leave the conditioner on? Can I stop the clock during that time? Somehow, I'll make it work. Maybe I'll practice with my shower today, then it will be easier tomorrow and Saturday. I may look like crap, but I'm going to get it done in a minute.
Hint, wash your hair every other day! Does it count if I take a longer shower at a hotel? It's not my money! Once again, I see how everything is about conservation. Maybe you're really trying to get us to care about the environment! Sneaky!
I have to admit I delayed taking a shower today as long as possible. I was dreading this one. Usually the shower is the one time of the day where I can be by myself. I did it in two minutes flat.
Good job, Amber! Like I said, I had Thursday to practice, so I've got it down to an art now. My shower today took exactly one minute. Yep, I did it in one minute. I wasn't going to share my secret, but since I already told Mom, I guess I'll share with you guys too. Here's what I did.
First, I washed my face first in the sink. This got the water hot. Then I had Clark take his shower first, which ensured it was hot for me. Before I started the water I put the shampoo in my hands. As the water turned on I began to shampoo and rinse at the same time. Then I turned off the water. This was at 27 sec. With the water turned off I proceeded to put on my conditioner and then wash my body. Then I turned on the shower again and just rinsed everything off. This took until one minute exactly. I had Clark giving me a warning every 15 seconds or so. So, that's how it's done folks. I can't say that I'd want to do that everyday, especially if I need to shave, but for now, it's fine.
Clark did his shower in 1 min. 35 seconds. Not sure if that fits in the 1 or 2 mintue range. If it gets in the 2 minute range, then I'm thinking he should have dragged it out to 1 min. 59 sec.
Anyway, happy showering to all those who have yet to shower.
Dad had the hardest time with the shower. He shaves in the shower every day. I've tried to get him to shave in the sink, but he wouldn't listen to me. He did this morning though. He showered in 2.5 minutes & so did I, even washing my hair. Yesterday it was less than 1 min because I was in a hurry & washed my face before & jumped in, washed my pits & my bum & was out. This is a good one on conserving & saving $$$, but I sometimes am like Amber.......I just want to sit & let the hot water run over me. At least we are mindful of saving. Good job, Lou!
So I washed my hair today and still got my shower down to 1 minutes 23 seconds. Not easy! I will, however, skip a shower tomorrow! Amanda, way to much effort!
Clark and I both did our showers today in 1 minute. Yeah!
Post a Comment