Hi my name is Lindsey and I used to be a water brat. I'd want it bottled, purified, the works. I'm a new woman now. I've stopped nursing the bottled water and I now......brace yourself......
go tap.
I fill up my awesome El Camino Hospital water bottle, or if that's dirty I grab the ol' green guy in the morning and I'm good to go for the day, with several refills from the tap of course.
I figured out how much I've been saving by cutting back my bottled water habit. Have a gander:
-35 bottles/case
-with CA redemption tax the case would = out to roughly $6.00
-If I went through about a case a week
-52 x $6 = $312 I'm now saving per year
In fact, it's more than that b/c I was very genereous with my bottled water & would share often. And this is just the bottled water part of it, not to mention all other drinks we buy.
SO......
Your challenge for Feb 3rd is not to give up bottled water altogether, but just try it for a day. Drink from the tap folks, drink from the tap. While we are at it let us all save ourselves from the expensive habit of all the other drinks we buy...you know the Coke, DP, dare I say Crystal Light??? Get rid of all of it for the day. Tap water ONLY.
This challenge will earn you 5 points should you be successful. And if you already steer clear of the plastic punch, then you have easy points coming your way.
Can you do it?? You have today and tomorrow to complete this task. (I'll try to post earlier in the future or maybe even the night before.)
Make sure to leave a comment telling me you completed this challenge with honors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
No Crystal Light? Are you kidding me? Does my Slim Fast shake count against me? Out water comes out of our filtered water tap, which comes from the normal tap. Will that be ok? Also Jake just told me that something like 6% of all land fills are from non-recycled water bottles. I can do this both today AND tomorrow!! I did just buy some Crystal Light but I'll give it up for these 2 days & then use it until it's gone. Will that be a penalty? This is great!
mom-
1. slim fast does not count, as long as you are having it as breakfast, not a drink with breakfast.
2. yes, no crystal light...at least i didn't take away your ice...but i might ;)
3. fridge water- okay
4. no penalty after the 2 days, but maybe it will help you cut back.
good job.
Since we don't drink bottled water hardly at all, that part should be easy. I have one more DP in my fridge calling my name, but I'll hold off on that one for another day. Only tap water. Will do!
Done on Tuesday. Monday I was flying and there's no way that I can drink tap water there. I would end up spending more money treating hepatitis!
Lisa
Well that was harder than I thought. Only because I had a DP in the fridge calling my name, and by 6pm I had a headache that just about killed me (and the kids for that matter). But I did it!
Hey Lou, I did this challenge. I was successful and victorious. I drank water, I hope you won't discount me points, it went through our reverse osmosis filter, is that okay? Looks like I'm a little behind on the challenges but I'll get caught up...
Post a Comment