With the weather warming up, we frugal people should start saving. Bring out the socks because the heat is going down! Whatever you keep your thermostat at, drop it down. Here is the point scale:
Drop it down
1 degree= 1 pts
2 degrees= 2 pts
3 degrees= 3 pts
you get the idea. But I just turned mine off completely and if you do the same you will score yourself the max points of 10 points. If you already keep your temp at 60 or below...you deserve 8 pts, unless of course you turn it off.
Now let's go to nights. We should all make a habit of turning the old heater down at nights, I'll let you pick the temp, we stay around 62 (Ty tries to go to 58 and I refuse). If you turn it down tonight, you'll earn 5 additional points. From this challenge you could earn up to 15 points and some serious moola from your heating bill.
Good Luck! Hope you are all still recording your expenses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So, this is one I could really use. We keep our temp at 72 around here. Hey, it gets cold. Although, we just had an insullation guy come and check out the insullation in our attic. Come to find out, we're not up to code, and the best news is that Questar Gas and Rocky Mountain Power will reimburse us %100 of the money it will cost to get it back to code, which the guy says should fix the temperature problem in our house. The gas and power bill should go down slightly, and we hardly had to do a thing.
I did turn off our heat today, thank goodness it was a warm day, and I've turned it down for the night. I'll turn it off for part of the day tomorrow as well, because I didn't get it turned off for the whole day today.
I hope that made sense after all of my rambling. Thanks! Good luck to all!
We went 3 days and two nights with the heat off. It's storming now, so it's back on.
I didn't even realize the heater was off. Good Job Amanda! I guess it helped that we had some warm days.
As everyone knows we keep the heat pretty low (as well as the AC in the summer). However, we took it down 2 more degrees and kept it there even when it was cold. And we turned it off in the basement until Elsa spent the night. Then we turned it on for the night. So whatever those points are, we will welcome them!
Post a Comment